Welcome my friend to my Honest & Unbiased Wealthy Affiliate Review!
Is Wealthy Affiliate a Scam or Legit?
Why is it considered the #1 recommended platforms by many others?
What is the story behind Wealthy Affiliate?
How is it different from other programs that teach affiliate marketing?
Can it really teach you how to generate passive income with Affiliate Marketing?
Is there a free way to get inside Wealthy Affiliate?
These are just a few of the many questions that I will be answering for you here.
Without further ado, let’s begin!
Wealthy Affiliate Review Summary
- Name: Wealthy Affiliate
- Website: www.wealthyaffiliate.com
- Founders: Carson & Kyle
- Training: 97 of 100
- Support: 98 of 100
- Domain Hosting: 99 of 100
- Website Builder: 99 of 100
- Research Tools: 97 of 100
- Success Stories: 94 of 100
- Price: Free for the Starter Membership, $49/month or $495/year for the Premium Membership (2 months discount) (Click here to start with the free membership!)
- Scam/Legit: Legit
Overall OnlinePassiveIncomeGuide.com Rating: 97 of 100 (#1 Rated Platform to Start with Blogging & Affiliate Marketing)
Summary: Wealthy Affiliate is an all-in-one platform for bloggers and affiliate marketers where they can find the beginner and advanced training, research and content writing tools, a beginner-friendly website builder, premium web hosting with excellent technical support, and a great community at the same price of the training itself.
I will start this detailed review by telling you about the founders of Wealthy Affiliate, which is important to know:
Wealthy Affiliate Founders
Wealthy Affiliate was founded in 2005 by two college students back then, Kyle and Carson.
Both founders were colleagues during their study years, and Carson was the one who opened Kyle’s eyes about the possibility of making money online.
Back in the day, there wasn’t something like Wealthy Affiliate’s website builder in order to create a website in few seconds, and it took Kyle around 30 days to start his first affiliate site!
Now with the website builder at Wealthy Affiliate, you can set up your website in under than 30 seconds!
After launching some campaigns, Kyle was able to profit from affiliate marketing, and decided to make this his full-time source of income.
Later in 2005, Kyle and Carson found that the opportunity of making money with affiliate marketing is massive, and not even a million affiliates can saturate the market.
So, they decided to help others learn how they can make money with this amazing model, and therefore, Wealthy Affiliate was born.
Wealthy Affiliate Today
After 18 years of operations, Wealthy Affiliate is now the oldest, and biggest platform to help beginner and advanced online entrepreneurs, with over than 1.5 million members.
The platform started out as a membership site where people can get keyword lists in certain niches in order to use in PPC campaigns to promote affiliate products.
However, the founders of the platform kept adding resources, features, and tools, in order to transform it to the best place to learn how to do affiliate marketing with blogging and other methods, where it now serves more than 1.5 M members with the training, tools and support it gives them in starting and growing their businesses.
What Is Wealthy Affiliate about?
Wealthy Affiliate is an all-in-one platform for teaching and helping people learn how to build a niche blog and make money online with Affiliate Marketing mainly (recommending others’ products for a commission), and with other different ways.
The Way it Works
Making money online the way you will learn at Wealthy Affiliate is done through the following four steps:
- Pick a Niche (Topic, Interest).
- Build a Website/Blog.
- Create Helpful Content to Attract Visitors.
- Earn Money by Recommending Products & Services.
Wealthy Affiliate will give you the step-by-step training and all the necessary tools to build your online business with this model, without having to pay another penny on external tools.
This is unlike other courses that cost double what Wealthy Affiliate cost to get the training only, and then you have to pay even more on the external tools to build your business.
Why Blogging to Earn with Affiliate Marketing?
Of course, affiliate marketing can be done in many different ways, such as using social media or paid ads.
However, using a blog to earn with affiliate marketing is still the most low-stress, sustainable, and beginner friendly way to get started.
Doing affiliate marketing on Facebook for example would cost you a lot more money, and your account might get suspended for any silly reason, and you stop generating income all of a sudden.
While a blog that you own, now one can take it away from you, which makes it more sustainable and secure.
What is Provided?
The platform provides all what you need to start your journey in the blogging and affiliate marketing world, such as:
- A step-by-step training that suits absolute beginners.
- Action plan with tasks for each lesson so that you build your business while learning.
- Weekly live webinars with Q&A sessions to learn more diverse skills and earning opportunities.
- A top-notch managed WordPress web hosting for up to 3 websites with excellent support.
- Free site speed, security SSL certificate, and anti-spam tools to help you keep your website functioning properly.
- Domain name of your own choice.
- An Easy-to-use website builder to set-up your website in 30 seconds with no technical hassle.
- Unlimited professional custom email addresses that end with your domain name.
- An AI-powered niche research tool to help you find a topic for your blog.
- The advanced keyword research tool, Jaaxy, to find ideas for content that gets you organic traffic from search engines like Google and Bing.
- Affiliate Program research tool to find products and services to promote as an affiliate.
- The comprehensive content editing platform, SiteContent to create content more efficiently.
- An access to +1,000,000 royalty free high quality images to add to your content.
- Live chat with other members to get quick help and instant answers to your urgent questions.
- Direct messaging to other members of the community.
- And much more.
(Note: Detailed explanation on every item will follow below)
Wealthy Affiliate offers two membership options: FREE Starter Membership, and paid Premium Membership.
The free membership will provide you with free access to a good part of one the training, in addition to some of the tools, and the ability to build one free website.
While the premium membership gives you access to everything listed above.
Anyway, the premium membership is just an option and you can upgrade to it anytime you want.
More details in the next section.
Inside The Wealthy Affiliate Members’ Area
Different from other expensive programs, Wealthy Affiliate offers lots of training resources, services and tools at the cost of the training itself with no up-sells.
Here are some of these:
1 – Wealthy Affiliate Core Training – Online Entrepreneur Certification Course
The Road to Building Your First Money Making Website
- Levels: 5 Levels.
- Lessons: 50 Lessons in total.
- Tasks: 169 Tasks.
Here are the five levels of the core training at Wealthy Affiliate:
- Level 1: Getting Started: 5 Lessons. Learn how a blogging affiliate business works, and create your first website for free.
- Level 2: Building Your Own Traffic Producing Website: 15 Lessons. Learn how to find content ideas, create helpful articles and publish them to your blog.
- Level 3: Making Money: 10 Lessons. Learn how to find affiliate products and services to promote, and how to add affiliate links to your content.
- Level 4: Mastering Social Engagement: 10 Lessons. Learn how to utilize the different social media channels to support your blog’s growth.
- Level 5: Achieving Maximum Success Through Content Creation: 10 Lessons. Learn how to scale your business by creating a long-term plan, optimizing content, and enhancing rankings on search engines.
As a Starter Member, you get access to level one with five lessons.
This first level of the free part of the training will give you a step-by-step clear guide towards:
- Understanding the making money online process and how affiliate marketing works.
- Finding your profitable niche.
- Choosing your domain name and setting up your website in a few clicks.
These lessons include Video and Written tutorials that breakdown the most overwhelming steps into a very easy-to-follow and actionable tiny ones.
And with each lesson, there are tasks associated with it, which helps you build your business as you learn.
Note: first five lessons are free, then the rest come with the premium membership
This will give you a good level of comfort in order to decide whether you want to upgrade and reap the full benefits of the Premium Membership and take your business to the next level or not.
==> Click Here to Join The Advanced & Comprehensive Training for Free & Start Building Your Income Generating Online Business!
As a Premium Member, you get to access all the 50 lessons in the five levels, with around 169 tasks that will help you enhance your learning process through performing what you learn, step-by-step as you go through the training.
The next four levels of the training will guide you through the processes of:
- Finding content ideas using the Jaaxy keyword tool that would help your blog rank on Google and get you free traffic.
- Writing engaging and grammatically correct content through the comprehensive content writing platform provided inside the Wealthy Affiliate platform.
- The proper usage of visuals such as imagery, graphs, charts, tables, …etc. that would help increase conversions and commissions.
- Tips on ranking your website content on the first page of the Google search results (SEO), in order to get the organic, evergreen & highly targeted traffic without paying for ads.
- Leveraging the relevant social media networks to increase your website’s traffic and conversions.
- How to get access into MILLIONS of products that you can promote as an affiliate and get commissions on the sales you bring.
- How to track and analyze your website’s traffic using great tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console and other tools in order to and see what works and brings money and then, improve on your website accordingly.
- How to scale your affiliate business after you start making consistent income by leveraging other people’s time and let them work for you, the BOSS.
This is one of the most beginner-friendly, comprehensive and organized affiliate marketing training programs that I found so far.
2 – Weekly, Interactive Live Webinars
As Premium Member, you get access to a Weekly Interactive Live webinars with Q&A sessions with Jay, one of the experts in online marketing in general, and affiliate marketing in particular.
Every session, and sometimes few sessions cover one of the topics in-depth, showing you the tactics others use in order to master what they are doing.
You get to ask questions during the live training, or after watching the replay.
Skills and tactics learned here vary from hosting your own webinars, to SEO mastery, to creating online stores and dropshipping, to branding your business, and many other skills, tactics and tools that will help you crush all the barriers and get the most possible outcome with the least amount of time, effort and money put in advance!
3 – The Easy & Fast Website Builder
Wealthy Affiliate will provide you with a very beginner-friendly tool to help you set up your website in 30 seconds.
As a Starter Member, you can do that on a free sub domain that looks like “YourBlogName.siterubix.com”, and as a Premium Member, you can build it on a custom domain name such as: “YourBlogName.com”.
From the “Site Builder” button in the top menu at Wealthy Affiliate, you login to the site builder platform, and set up your first website through these simple steps:
Step 1 – Select “On A Free Domain” Option. (Later you can change it to a custom domain if you go Premium)
Step 2 – Choose a domain name for your website.
Step 3 – Enter a title for your website.
Step 4 – Choose the theme for your website. (This is where you choose the style and colors)
Step 5 – Click on the “Click Here To Build This Website” button.
4 – Domains, Managed Web Hosting & More at One Place
Normally, if you want to build a website, you need to buy the domain name from one platform, the hosting (server) from another platform, and integrate them both by yourself.
And you would need to buy some important features related to security, speed, and spam protection.
However, at Wealthy Affiliate, you get all of these together at one place for seamless operation, and without any additional costs.
This service includes:
- Domain Registration with privacy protection.
- The top-notch Managed WordPress Hosting for 3 websites with premium support that would typically solve any issue in less than five minutes.
- SSL Certificates for free.
- Daily automatic backups.
- Site Speed.
- Spam Protection.
- And many other features that would help you manage your website and even prevent having issues in the first place.
These all are included for no additional cost at Wealthy Affiliate.
While outside this service, registering a custom domain name on an external platform will cost you around $15-$20 per year.
Getting a premium Managed WordPress Hosting on an external hosting service would cost you $30-$50 per month!
An SSL certificate would cost you around $25/year for each domain name.
This is in addition to the cost for additional speed features, daily back up, anti-spam and anti-hacking protection.
But at Wealthy Affiliate, you get all of these for no additional cost.
As a Starter Member, you get to host one website on one free domain name.
As a Premium member, you get to host up to three websites with the premium web hosting, and you get with it the safety, speed, and anti-spam protection features.
5 – Unlimited Professional Email Addresses with Your Domain Name
This feature lets you create your own business email addresses with your own domain name, such as contat@YourDomain.com for example.
The password is auto generated, and you can change it anytime you want.
With an external hosting service, this service is usually a paid one which costs around $5/month or more, and it comes with a limited number of email addresses that you can create with each domain name.
But at Wealthy Affiliate, this service is included for free, and you can create an unlimited number of email addresses with each domain name.
6 – The AI-Powered Niche Finder
This tool will help you find a niche for your website when you are first starting.
This is a very important step that many beginners do wrong.
They go too broad, and then find it difficult to get traffic and traction with their websites.
For example, if you decide that your blog will be about Yoga, you may need to niche down and find something more specific.
Yoga is a big industry, and it would be difficult to rank on Google if you blog about all kinds of topics related to Yoga.
This tool at Wealthy Affiliate will find you find more specific niches where you can make your blog more customized for a certain group of Yoga lovers, such as Yoga After 40, Power Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Yoga for Runners, …etc.
This will make it easier for you to find content ideas, write content more efficiently, connect better with your audience, and rank higher on Google.
7 – The Comprehensive Keyword Research Tool
The Wealthy Affiliate Platform has one of the most advanced and comprehensive keyword research tools that is called Jaaxy.
This tools helps you find ideas for articles to create and add to your blog, which will help you get free traffic from Google and other search engines.
There are a bunch of keyword tools out there, some free, and some paid, and each one comes with a certain set of features and with a certain accuracy level.
Jaaxy is one of the premium keyword tools with many useful features, and it is sold separately outside Wealthy Affiliate, but you get it for free with your Wealthy Affiliate membership.
You can use this tool to know which keywords will help you rank faster on the first page of Google Search Results, by finding the keywords that have a decent monthly volume, with fewer competing pages from other websites.
As a Premium Member: you get access to the Lite plan without paying anything, which is enough for you to start and scale your business.
As a Starter Member: you get free access to the Starter plan that allows you to make 30 free searches/month.
One of nice features of Jaaxy, is that it allows you to save lists of keywords that you find in order to use them later for creating content.
8 – SiteContent, The Comprehensive Content Editor & Checker
Site Content is a complete platform that allows you to:
- Set writing goals.
- Create your content and edit it.
- Track your performance against your goals.
- Check your content for grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors before you publish it.
- Check if the content is duplicated (which Google doesn’t like).
- Add relevant images from your own device or from the +1,000,000 royalty free images it gives you access to.
- And then, it helps you to publish it into your website in seconds.
And after that, it will keep a track of any post you create on your website and it tells you whenever Google has indexed your post!
This is really a nice and comprehensive content writing and editing tool and a great time-saver.
9 – Affiliate Programs Research Tool
Although the core training at Wealthy Affiliate teaches you very well how to research the market and find lucrative affiliate programs in your niche, but WA took it one step further and added a new tool inside your membership area that can help you find relevant affiliate programs quickly.
All you have to do is to enter the niche or a topic in your niche in the search bar, and it will fetch for you the relevant affiliate programs that are available to promote through the main affiliate networks such as ClickBank, Awin, CJ and others.
It will also show you the commission to expect on each sale you bring for each product of these.
10 – Awesome Support from Experts and Other WA Members
At Wealthy Affiliate, you can find support from internet marketing experts and other WA members on the same journey as you, in many different ways.
For example, you can ask questions under each lesson of the training.
You can also create a public question that would be visible to the community to get answers by those who already know the answer.
You can also message other members privately through the “Private Message” button on their profile pages.
There are hundreds of thousands of other members from whom you can learn and get help.
In addition to all of that, for an instant help and answers on different questions you might have, you have the live chat with the community, where you get to interact with other members that are on the platform at the same time, which might get you help faster.
Entrepreneurship is lonely, and this kind of support is what makes Wealthy Affiliate literally the best place to learn how to earn money online with affiliate marketing on a blog, and keep taking action by applying what you learn, because you are surrounded by many people who are on the same journey as you.
Wealthy Affiliate Pros & Cons
- All-in-one package: comprehensive hands-on training, weekly live classes, domain and web hosting for 3 websites with FREE SSL certificates and speed features, research tools for niches, keywords, and affiliate programs, Content Editor and Checker. All of that for NO Extra Cost.
- Flexible plans with free and paid membership optsions.
- For the paid membership, you can either pay on monthly basis, or go annual and save 15%, where you pay for the 10-month cost and get a full year of membership (two free months).
- Great technical support for the web hosting so that you don’t deal with the technical stuff.
- Focuses on organic traffic (SEO), the most evergreen traffic method.
- There’s a good training on Google search ads, which is great for scaling.
- Additional training sessions on other ways of making money online such as e-commerce and dropshipping.
- Strong Support from the experts and the community.
- Always improving the platform and adding new tools without requiring you to pay extra cost.
- No continuous up-sells or promotions to buy other programs like what happens if you join another program by some of the “guru’s” out there.
- No unrealistic promises and lies about making thousands overnight with a “push of a button”.
- No fake testimonial or fake owners like some other hyped-up programs.
- Suitable for beginners and advanced marketers.
- A lot of information ,although organized, but might get overwhelming if you don’t stay focused.
- There’s already a training on email marketing and video marketing through webinars sessions, but I believe there should be more focus on that in the core training.
Who Is Wealthy Affiliate for?
Wealthy Affiliate works very well for both beginners and advanced Affiliate Marketers, and for anyone looking for making money online by building a sustainable business from scratch.
Also, it’s great for general internet marketers, bloggers and website builders and owners as it has the tools to help them research and create content and get higher rankings on the search engines in order to get more organic traffic and potential customers.
It’s great for those who want to save money and time by getting everything they need in one place instead of paying separately for many tools and services, which would be more expensive.
Please, note though that this is NOT a get-rich-quick scheme.
This is a bout building a real and sustainable business that will take the first 3-6 months to build and start generating income, but will pay you back for the years to come.
There are many scammers out there that will promise you to get rich overnight with their low quality programs in order to make you rush and join them before they surprise you with the truth that there’s no magical push button.
Wealthy Affiliate is the place for those who are willing to learn, grow and build a sustainable online business.
Wealthy Affiliate Pricing Plans
Starter Membership: Free Membership. Get started through this link!
Premium Membership (Paid monthly): $49 per month. And if you join the premium membership during the first week of joining as a Starter Member.
Premium Membership (Paid Annually): $495 per year. (Equivalent to $41/month) (You save 15%) (Most successful entrepreneurs get this one)
You can upgrade to the yearly membership anytime, and you will benefit from the massive discount and pay only $495 per year, instead of paying the total $588 through the monthly fee over 12 months period!
That is paying less than 1.5 Dollars Per Day in exchange of accessing such a comprehensive training program, equipped with all the tools that you need to create an income-generating real online business.
Remember that only the premium hosting of 3 Websites alone is worth the membership fees!
Not to mention the access to the advanced research tools and content editing platform.
Wealthy Affiliate Support
In general, the training is laid out in a way that is easy to follow and understand, and the members area is easy to navigate through and look for resources or answers to questions you have.
For the support on training and general internet marketing questions, I explained above the different ways to get help through questions, direct messages, and live chat.
And for support on technical issues related to your websites, there’s an easy support ticketing system that allows you to create an inquiry in a minute, and the support team will come back to you in a few minutes and resolve the issue for you.
This is different from technical support at external hosting services where you get answers from normal desk-help personnel and take a lot of time to resolve a technical issue.
At Wealthy Affiliate, the support for your websites is a “Guru Support”, which means that you immediately get response from trained technical personnel.
Wealthy Affiliate Testimonials
Unlike other programs that hire actors to do fake testimonials for them, the members’ area at Wealthy Affiliate is full with real testimonials and success stories from real members who are there on almost daily basis and you can contact them directly.
You will find many success stories inside the platform from different members everyday, sharing their achievements when it comes to getting traffic and making money with their websites.
No fake testimonials!
My Personal Wealthy Affiliate Results
I Have been a member of Wealthy Affiliate for around six years now, and if it wasn’t working for me then I wouldn’t remain as a paying member till now.
Here’s a screenshot of some of the many affiliate commissions I received from different programs and affiliate networks after applying what I learned at WA:
Conclusion – Is Wealthy Affiliate A Scam Or Legit?
Wealthy Affiliate is not a scam.
Wealthy Affiliate is a legit platform that provides you with a comprehensive and detailed training, in addition to a set of sophisticated tools that you will need in order to build and manage your online business.
- Name: Wealthy Affiliate
- Website: www.wealthyaffiliate.com
- Founders: Carson & Kyle
- Overall Ranking: 97 of 100
- Scam/Legit: Legit
- Price: Free for the Starter Membership, $49/month or $495/year for the Premium Membership (2 months discount) (Click here to get started with the free membership! No Credit Card Required!)
- Scam/Legit: Legit
Do I recommend it?
Absolutely! It will teach you how to generate passive income online, and mainly, through Affiliate Marketing.
I wrote this article and published it through the Wealthy Affiliate Platform, following what I’m learning there, and now you have found my post, doesn’t that tell you something?
This is of course only if your willing to learn and work.
But if you are looking for some kind of “get-rich-quick thing” that will make you rich tonight, then you can go back and keep searching for that thing among the many scammers everywhere that are just after your money.
So, join Wealthy Affiliate now, and I will see you inside!
And if you have any question about this Wealthy Affiliate review or that you are still worried if it was a scam or a legit platform, then please, leave it below and I will be happy to answer you asap 🙂