Welcome my friend to my Honest & Unbiased Wealthy Affiliate Review for 2020! Is Wealthy Affiliate a Scam or Legit?
What is the story behind Wealthy Affiliate? And why is it so popular among successful affiliates?
How is it different from other programs that teach affiliate marketing?
Can it really teach you how to generate passive income with Affiliate Marketing?
If not, then what is best Affiliate Marketing Training Program?
These questions and more are in your mind now because you are probably looking to learn how to make money online and you are afraid of getting scammed by another hyped-up program that is created by some “guru”.
Congrats! You made the decision.
I will tell you in this unbiased review everything you need to know about Wealthy Affiliate before you join it, and I will let you know why you should, or should not, join this platform, training, tools and community, based on my personal results that you will see shortly.
(And, will let you know how to get the discount in addition to the free membership ;))
Wealthy Affiliate Review Summary
- Name: Wealthy Affiliate (Create your FREE Starter Membership here!)
- Website: www.wealthyaffiliate.com
- Founders: Carson & Kyle
- Training: 97 of 100
- Support: 98 of 100
- Domain Hosting: 98 of 100
- WordPress Hosting: 99 of 100
- Website Builder: 100 of 100
- Research Tools: 97 of 100
- Success Stories: 94 of 100
- Affiliate Program: 98 of 100
- Price: Free for the Starter Membership, $49/month or $495/year for the Premium Membership (2 months discount) (Click here to start with the free membership!)
- Scam/Legit: Legit
Overall OnlinePassiveIncomeGuide.com Rating: 97 of 100 (#1 Rated Platform to Start with Affiliate Marketing)
Summary: Wealthy Affiliate is a comprehensive platform for affiliate marketers in particular and internet marketers in general where they can find the beginner and advanced training courses, research tools, premium web hosting with support and different useful tools and a great community at the same price of the training itself.
I will start this detailed review by telling you about the founders of Wealthy Affiliate, which is important to know:
Wealthy Affiliate Founders
Wealthy Affiliate was founded by two guys, Kyle and Carson.
Both founders were colleagues during their college education, and Carson was the one who opened Kyle’s eyes about the possibility of making money online.
Back in the day, there wasn’t something like Wealthy Affiliate’s website builder in order to create a website in few seconds, and it took Kyle around 30 days to start his first affiliate site!
After launching some campaigns, Kyle was able to profit from affiliate marketing, and decided to make this his full-time source of income.
Later in 2005, Kyle and Carson found that the opportunity of making money with affiliate marketing is massive, and not even a thousand people can fully take advantage of the potential.
So, they decided to help others learn how they can make money with this amazing model, and therefore, Wealthy Affiliate was born.
The Story of Wealthy Affiliate
Wealthy Affiliate was founded back in 2005, which makes it one of the oldest platforms that teaches people making money with affiliate marketing.
The platform started out as a membership site where people can get keyword lists in certain niches in order to use in PPC campaigns to promote affiliate products.
However, the founders of the platform kept adding resources, features, and tools, in order to transform it to the best place to learn how to do affiliate marketing with blogging and other methods, where it now serves more than 1.5 M members with the training, tools and support it gives them in starting and growing their businesses.
What Is Wealthy Affiliate about?
Wealthy Affiliate is an all-in-one platform for teaching and helping people how to make money online with Affiliate Marketing mainly, and with other different ways.
The platform provides all what you need to start your journey in the affiliate marketing world such as:
- A step-by-step affiliate marketing business plan and blueprint that suits absolute beginners.
- A detailed quality training from Kyle (15+ years of experience) on how to apply the plan and build your business and grow it.
- Tasks associated to each lesson so that you build your business as you learn.
- The weekly EXPERT live webinars with Q&A sessions.
- A state-of-the-art managed WP web hosting for up to 10 websites on free and registered domains with SSL certificates, site speed, spam blocker and great technical support for NO EXTRA COST.
- Easy to use website builder so that you create your first website in 30 seconds with no technical hassle.
- Advanced keyword research tool, Jaaxy, to find keyword ideas that so that you can get organic traffic from search engines like Google and Bing.
- The comprehensive content editing platform, SiteContent, which allows you to plan your content, track your writing efforts, set goals, and check your content for grammar mistakes before you publish it.
- The access to +1,000,000 royalty free high quality images to add to your content.
- The live chat with other members to get quick help and answers to some urgent questions.
- Direct messaging to other members of the community.
- And much more.
(Note: Detailed explanation on every item will follow below)
Wealthy Affiliate offers two membership options: FREE Starter Membership, and paid Premium Membership.
The free membership will provide you with free access to a good part of one the most comprehensive training programs in the Affiliate Marketing industry out there.
This is in addition to many necessary tools and one free website.
More details in the next section.
This all and more is granted for free by signing-up for the Starter Membership plan here.
While the paid membership at Wealthy Affiliate will help you take your business to a completely different level that can help you, if you were an action taker, to make a full income online and finally help you in getting your financial freedom.
Anyway, the premium membership is just an option and you can upgrade to it anytime you want.
If you are serious and willing to learn and work (which I don’t doubt), but still unsure about this platform, then you will lose nothing by joining for FREE as a Starter Member so that you see for yourself if this is really the best place to learn affiliate marketing or not.
Inside The Wealthy Affiliate Members’ Area
Different from other expensive programs, Wealthy Affiliate offers lots of training resources, services and tools at the cost of the training itself with no up-sells.
Here are some of these:
1 – Wealthy Affiliate Core Training
(Online Entrepreneur Certification Course – 5 Levels) The Road to Building Your First Money Making Website:
- Levels: 5 Levels.
- Lessons: 10 Lessons/Level, total of 50 lessons.
- Tasks: 169 Tasks at the moment of writing this review.
As a Premium Member, you get to access all the 50 lessons, associated with around 169 tasks that will help you enhance your learning process through performing what you learn, step-by-step as you go through the training.
These lessons include Video and Written tutorials that breakdown the most overwhelming steps into a very easy-to-follow and actionable tiny ones.
And with each lesson, there are tasks associated with it, which helps you build your business as you learn.
As a Starter Member, you get to access the first 10 lessons associated with the first level of the training (Level 1, Getting Started).
You can access directly and check out the Course Outline from here.
This free part of the training will give you a step-by-step clear guide towards:
- Understanding the making money online process and how affiliate marketing works.
- Finding your profitable niche.
- Choosing your domain name.
- Starting your first WordPress website hosted within the platform itself (for FREE!) and start building your website in 30 Seconds. (Zero Coding or technical knowledge required)
- Providing you with the necessary FREE WordPress themes.
- Finding the profitable keywords that will help you rank on Page 1 of Google Search Results as the time goes on, and will give you the potential to earn your first commission from your first sale online.
- Creating the main structure of the website.
- Creating the first piece of content and the main important pages.
- Finding and joining lucrative affiliate programs
And don’t worry! This level alone will help you build your first website and write your first piece of content and publish it with no prior experience or technical knowledge.
This will give you a good level of comfort in order to decide whether you want to upgrade and reap the full benefits of the Premium Membership and take your business to the next level or not.
==> Click Here to Join The Advanced & Comprehensive Training for Free & Start Building Your Income Generating Online Business!
As a Premium Member, the next four levels of the training will guide you through the processes of:
- Writing a high-converting, keyword rich content using the best Keyword Research Tool for SEO for Affiliate Marketers (Jaaxy.com) for free.
- Writing a grammatically correct content through the amazing content writing platform provided inside the Wealthy Affiliate platform.
- The proper usage of visuals such as imagery, graphs, charts, tables, …etc. that would help increase conversions and commissions.
- Tips on ranking your website content on the first page of Google Search Results Page (SEO) in order to get the organic, evergreen & highly targeted traffic without paying for ads.
- Leveraging the relevant social media networks to increase your website’s traffic and conversions.
- How to get access into MILLIONS of products that you can promote as an affiliate and get commissions on the sales you bring.
- How to track and analyze your website’s traffic using great tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console and other tools in order to and see what works and brings money and then, improve on your website accordingly.
- How to scale your affiliate business after you start making consistent income by leveraging other people’s time and let them work for you, the BOSS.
This is one the most comprehensive and organized affiliate marketing training program I found so far.
2 – Weekly, Interactive Live Webinars
As Premium Member, you get access to a Weekly Interactive Live webinars with Q&A sessions with Jay, one of the experts in online marketing in general, and affiliate marketing in particular.
Every session, and sometimes few sessions cover one of the topics in-depth, showing you the tactics others use in order to master what they are doing.
You get to ask questions during the live training, or after watching the replay.
Skills and tactics learned here vary from hosting your own webinars, to SEO mastery, to creating online stores and dropshipping, to branding your business, and many other skills, tactics and tools that will help you crush all the barriers and get the most possible outcome with the least amount of time, effort and money put in advance!
3 – Other Training Resources
As a Premium Member, you also get instant access into 12 Classrooms to which different expert affiliate marketers contribute, and each one of them has tons of video and written tutorials in specific niches, such as:
- Video Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Social Engagement
- Local SEO & Marketing
- Content Writing
- And many other topics.
As a Free Member, you get access into 2 of these twelve classrooms.
4 – Domains, Managed Web Hosting & More at One Place
Through the integration of the SiteRubix.com hosting service inside the Wealthy Affiliate Platform, you can literally access the easiest and most powerful tools for building and managing a complete affiliate website from A-Z, and without any additional cost on your membership.
While with other programs, you would pay more than $50/month just to get half of what is offered here when it comes to hosting.
This service includes:
- Domain Registration with privacy protection.
- The Easiest Website Builder to create your website in 30 SECONDS.
- The Most Powerful Managed WordPress Hosting with premium support for 10 websites that would typically solve any issue in less than five minutes.
- Business E-Mail Set-up
- SSL Certificates for free (Costs $25+/year for every website at some other places).
- Site Speed and Spam Protection.
- And many other features that would help you manage your website and even prevent having issues in the first place.
And for the ten websites you can host at WA, you can build them with either a registered domain that you own (example: myownwebsite.com), or using a free domain that is associated with siterubix.com (example: myownwebsite.siterubix.com).
The nice thing about the website builder is that you can create your website in under 30 Seconds!
Also, you can create your own business email (For example: email@example.com), manage comments on your websites, write content and publish it on your website and many other features that you can access from the same dashboard inside the Wealthy Affiliate Platform.
As a Premium Member: you get to host 10 Websites without paying extra fees (either on registered domains, example: myownwebsite.com, or on free domains, example: myownwebsite.siterubix.com), with all the features mentioned above.
Hosting of 10 registered domain websites with all the features mentioned above such as the SSL Certificates, site speed & spam blocker (which are usually paid elsewhere on any hosting platform)!
This is all included in your Premium Membership Package for NO EXTRA COST!
If you do the maths, this feature alone is worth more than the Premium Membership fees. LOL!
The support is incredible with a response time of few minutes only.
Be noticed also that the platform makes a daily automatic backup for all your websites!!
As a Starter Member: you get to host one free domain website (example: myownwebsite.siterubix.com), but whenever you decide to go premium, you can easily transfer the content of your free domain website to a registered domain website.
Note that though, you only have to pay for the domain registration, usually $13.99/year. This is also something you can do through the same platform inside Wealthy Affiliate.
But if you join through any of the links on this Wealthy Affiliate review, for the first website, you get credit to register the first domain without paying anything for the first year.
5 – The Advanced Keyword Research Tool
The Wealthy Affiliate Platform has one of the most advanced and useful keyword research tools that is called Jaaxy.
Yes, Google Keyword Planner can give you the number of monthly searches on a specific keyword, but Jaaxy can also help you analyze the competition by telling you how many pages out there that are competing on this keyword.
You can use this tool to know which keywords will help you rank faster on the first page of Google Search Results.
As a Premium Member: you get access to the Lite plan without paying anything, which is enough for you to start and scale your business.
As a Starter Member: you get free access to the Starter plan that allows you to make 30 free searches/month.
And one of nice features of Jaaxy, is that it allows you to save lists of keywords that you find in order to use them later for creating content.
6 – SiteContent, The Comprehensive Content Editor & Checker
Site Content is a complete platform that allows you to:
- Set writing goals.
- Create your content and edit it.
- Track your performance against your goals.
- Check it for grammatical, spelling and punctuation mistakes.
- Check if the content is duplicated (which Google doesn’t like).
- Add relevant images from your own device or from the +1,000,000 royalty free images it gives you access to.
- And then, it helps you to publish it into your website in seconds.
And after that, it will keep track of any post you create on your website and it tells you whenever Google has indexed your post!
This is really a nice and comprehensive content writing and editing tool and a great time-saver.
7 – Affiliate Programs Research Tool [New]
Although the core training at Wealthy Affiliate teaches you very well how to the market and find lucrative affiliate programs in your niche, but WA took it one step further and added a new tool inside your membership area that can help you find relevant affiliate programs quickly.
All you have to do is to enter the niche or a topic in your niche in the search bar, and it will fetch for you the relevant affiliate programs that are available to promote through the main affiliate networks such as ClickBank, Awin, CJ and others.
It will also show you the commission to expect on each sale you bring for each product of these.
8 – Affiliate Program, Meet me in Vegas!
Also, Wealthy Affiliate offers an affiliate program that you can join and promote them as either a Starter Member or as a Premium Member.
If you are a Premium Member: you get a recurring commission whenever someone joins the platform Premium Membership, it’s $23.5/month for every full monthly payment they make, and $225+ in case they join the yearly membership.
If you are a Starter Member: you get $11.75/month for every full monthly payment they make, and $112.5+ for every yearly membership.
So, you keep receiving a recurring commission for every month or year your referrals pay for the membership, and not just for the first payment!
WA has a lifetime cookies policy.
This means that if someone visits the Wealthy Affiliate through your referral link, and ends up being a premium member a months later, this will make you start getting commissions the month they start their Premium Membership!
Not only that, but if you were able to get 300 referrals to subscribe to the Premium Membership in one year, you will be rewarded with a fully-paid visit to Las Vegas and meet with the founders of Wealthy Affiliate and other top members who made the same achievement.
Wealthy Affiliate Pros & Cons
- All-in-one package: comprehensive hands-on training, weekly live classes with Q&A sessions, domain hosting with FREE SSL certificate, fully managed web hosting (up to 10 websites), advanced keyword research tool, Content Editor and Checker. All of that for NO Extra Cost.
- You can get the premium membership by paying for around 10 months in advance, and you will get two months for FREE. (Around 15% OFF)
- Great technical support for the web hosting so that you don’t deal with the technical stuff.
- Focuses on seo, the most evergreen traffic method.
- There’s a good training on Google search ads, which is great for scaling.
- Additional training sessions on other ways of making money online such as e-commerce and dropshipping.
- Strong Support from the experts and the community.
- Always improving the platform and adding new tools without requiring you to pay extra cost.
- No up-sells or promotions to buy other programs like what happens if you join another program.
- No unrealistic promises and lies about making thousands overnight with a “push of a button”.
- No fake testimonial or fake owners like some other hyped-up programs.
- Suitable for beginners and advanced marketers.
- A lot of information ,although organised, but might get overwhelming if you don’t stay focused.
- There’s already a training on email marketing and video marketing through webinars sessions, but I believe there should be more in the future.
Who Is Wealthy Affiliate for?
Wealthy Affiliate works very well for both beginners and advanced Affiliate Marketers, and for anyone looking for making money online by building a sustainable business from scratch.
Also, it’s great for general internet marketers, bloggers and website builders and owners as it has the tools to help them research and create content and get higher rankings on the search engines in order to get more organic traffic and potential customers.
Please, note though that this is NOT a get-rich-quick scheme.
This is a bout building a real and sustainable business that will take the first 3-6 months to build and start generating income, but will pay you back for the years to come.
There are many scammers out there that will promise you to get rich overnight with their low quality programs in order to make you rush and join them before they surprise you with the truth that there’s no magical push button.
Wealthy Affiliate is the place for those who are willing to learn, grow and build a sustainable online business.
Wealthy Affiliate Pricing Plans
Starter Membership: Free Membership. Get started through this link!
Premium Membership (Paid monthly): $49 per month. And if you join the premium membership during the first week of joining as a Starter Member, you will get 60% discount on the first month and pay only $19, and after the first month, you will be paying $49 per month.
Premium Membership (Paid Annually): $495 per year. (Equivalent to $41/month) (You save 15%)
You can upgrade to the yearly membership anytime, and you will benefit from the massive discount and pay only $495 per year, instead of paying the total $588 through the monthly fee over 12 months period!
That is paying less than 1.5 Dollars Per Day in exchange of accessing such a comprehensive training program, equipped with all the tools that you need to create an income-generating real online business.
Here’s a simple comparison between the two plans at Wealthy Affiliate:
Remember that only the premium hosting of 10 Websites alone is worth the membership fees!
Not to mention the access to the advanced keyword research tool for SEO for Affiliate Marketers, and many other amazing tools that you would have to pay for them with other platforms.
Wealthy Affiliate Support
In general, the training is laid out in a way that is easy to follow and understand, and the members area is easy to navigate through and look for resources or answers to questions you have.
It is hard to imagine that within a community of around 2 Million members, you get the chance to directly contact the founders of the community.
But this is what happens at Wealthy Affiliate, the founders are engaged on daily basis in creating training tutorials, answering questions and comments on the lessons and even you can send direct messages to them.
Even if they are busy, the huge community of affiliate marketing experts will help you by answering your questions and will freely and openly share with you their tips into making your business better every day!
There is some kind of positive atmosphere you will feel the moment you get into the platform that is not easy to find elsewhere.
Wealthy Affiliate Testimonials
Unlike other programs that hire actors to do fake testimonials for them, the members’ area at Wealthy Affiliate is full with real testimonials and success stories from real members who are there on almost daily basis and you can contact them directly.
No fake testimonials!
My Personal Wealthy Affiliate Results
I Have been a member of Wealthy Affiliate for around three years now, and if it wasn’t working for me then I wouldn’t remain as a paying member till now.
Here’s a screenshot of some of the many affiliate commissions I received from different programs and affiliate networks after applying what I learned at WA:
Conclusion – Is Wealthy Affiliate A Scam Or Legit?
Wealthy Affiliate is not a scam. Wealthy Affiliate is a legit platform that provides you with a comprehensive and detailed training, in addition to a set of sophisticated tools that you will need in order to build and manage your online business.
- Name: Wealthy Affiliate
- Website: www.wealthyaffiliate.com
- Founders: Carson & Kyle
- Overall Ranking: 97 of 100
- Scam/Legit: Legit
- Price: Free for the Starter Membership, $49/month or $495/year for the Premium Membership (2 months discount) (Click here to get started with the free membership! No Credit Card Required!)
- Scam/Legit: Legit
Do I recommend it? Absolutely! It will teach you how to generate passive income online, and mainly, through Affiliate Marketing.
I wrote this article and published it through the Wealthy Affiliate Platform, following what I’m learning there, and now you have found my post, doesn’t that tell you something?
This is of course only if your willing to learn and work.
But if you are looking for some kind of “get-rich-quick thing” that will make you rich tonight, then you can go back and keep searching for that thing among the many scammers everywhere that are just after your money.
This is in addition to the 59% discount on the first month’s membership fee ($19 instead of $49) if you decide to go premium in the first 7 days.
So, join Wealthy Affiliate now, and I will see you inside!
And if you have any question about this Wealthy Affiliate review or that you are still worried if it was a scam or a legit platform, then please, leave it below and I will be happy to answer you asap 🙂