Are you looking to learn how to make money writing online like others do? Or maybe you want to know how much you can get paid for each article that you write, and whether you can make a living or fulfill your dreams with it or not.
Well, you are in the right place!
Because I will tell you about both ways of making money writing articles online, and these are:
- The WRONG WAY, which is what almost everybody else teaches, and what most other writers do, and it doesn’t pay well on the long run.
- The RIGHT WAY that I will teach you here, and the way that pays you more on the long-run, to the extent that you can even leverage hiring others to write for you in order to make even more money like what the REAL money makers do.
This is going to be a comprehensive guide with all the resources and tools, and you might need to go through it again later, therefore, you might consider bookmarking this page in order to come back to it later if you need to.
So, without further ado, let’s start with the wrong way first:
First: The Wrong Way for Making Money Writing Articles Online
This way of making money writing articles is what you probably have been thinking about, and what most others would tell you, which is called freelance writing and it works like this:
- Go to online freelancing marketplaces like: Fiverr, Upwork, Guru, iWriter, Indeed, and create a profile with your credentials, the language you can write with, your rates, how long can it take you to complete the job, how many revisions you offer for free, how many jobs can you take per day or week, and so on.
- Wait for others to contact you asking you to complete one job of writing a 1,000-2,000 words article for in return of $10.
- Wait for more few days, more few days, more few weeks, no one contacted you yet.
- Go to find what is wrong and realize that there are thousands, or even ten’s of thousands of other freelance writers on every single marketplace, and not that many website owners that need freelancers to write for them.
- Understand that only few of the writers on every marketplace get jobs requested from them, because they have already accumulated thousands of 5-stars ratings, and all website owners hire these same people.
- Try to lower your rates, and wait for another month or two, nothing happens, because thousands of others did the same long before you do.
- Go and try to find someone of your friends to go and request a writing job from you and give you a 5-stars rating, and wait for another couple of weeks until you start getting one job per week.
- Even after you start getting frequent article or web content writing jobs, how many of those can you finish every day? And how much would they pay you per article that takes 2-3 hours to finish. $10 or $20 at max? Then what?!
Can you see the problem here?!
Don’t get me wrong, that’s a great way to make extra money, in the best case scenario, even a living (assuming that you can live on $1,000-$1,500 a month), from the convenience of your own home.
However, writing for others in order to make some EXTRA money or a mediocre monthly income is more like a job with a salary, but it would be with the luxury of being able to work from wherever you want.
The downfall though with writing for others as a freelancer is that you need to keep trading your precious time for money.
If you want to make more money, then you need to write more articles, and you need more time.
But you only have 24 hours every day.
That’s NOT scalable!
This means that you will have a limit of the income generated with this method that you can’t exceed because you can’t create extra hours per day to write more for others and make more money.
And worse, this field is becoming more and more competitive as more people from different countries jump into freelancing platforms looking for writing jobs, and some are even ready to drop their prices to as low as $5 per article!
Can you compete with that?
Of course not!
And worse, there are not enough bloggers or website owners to request articles from all of these writers.
Look at this screenshot from Google’s keyword tool that shows you how many people look for writing jobs every month vs. the number of people looking for writers to hire!!
Then What Is The Scalable Way for Writing Content in Order to Make Money Online?
Here comes the answer with the right way:
Second: The Right Way for Making Money Writing Articles Online
It is by being on the other side of the equation, were there’s more money and less competition.
Ever wondered how those people are able to pay you in order to write for them?
I mean, why would someone pay someone else $10, $15, $50 or even more per article unless he knows that he can make back more than what he paid?!
These guys are thinking of writing content in a scalable way that would finally make them enjoy earning a passive income from their blogs or websites by monetizing them in different ways.
They are probably making more money than what you made per article because you only get paid once for each article, but they own the article on their website and they keep earning from every article that YOU WROTE for a long time.
How Do They Make Money With The Articles You Wrote?
They publish these articles on their blogs with the intention to get traffic from Google and other traffic sources for a long time through optimizing these articles for search engines SEO (easy steps to learn and do, without technical stuff) and other paid and free methods to get traffic to their blogs.
Some articles might get ten’s of visitors per month, some hundreds per months, and some might even get thousands of visitors per month, and they can make money from these visitors in all sorts of ways!
Most of the time, these blog or website owners don’t even have a product or service to sell.
How Do You Make Money from a Blog if You Don’t Have ANYTHING to Sell?
It is by recommending existing useful products and services to people who visit their websites and blogs.
- A blog owner hired you to write an article called “List of the best kitchen knives for under $100”, he would send people through his unique (affiliate) link to Amazon in order to buy these knives, and when they buy the knives, he or she gets a commission from Amazon on every single sale that comes through the content on his/her website that YOU WROTE for few bucks. The website owner will keep making money for a long time.
He or she would make a few bucks for each unit sold, and since they will potentially get hundreds or even thousands of visitors per month to that one article, then shortly, they would make back several times the $20 they paid you to write that article!
With the number of people looking for the best kitchen knives to buy online, this blogger would get back his $20 bucks very soon and make more on the long-term.
- Another example is when someone asks you to write an article about “How to Fix a Broken Relationship”, he would invite people, in the article you wrote, into buying someone else’s course or professional coaching or consulting, and he would get paid from everyone that buys through his article.
Some of these online course owners or consultants are willing to pay this blogger anywhere from $15-$150 or more for every new customer who buys their course or their consultancy.
- A third example, if you wrote an article for someone about “How to Recover from an Addiction and Stay Sober”, then that blogger would send people to a Rehab or a professional consultant, and would get sometimes paid hundreds of dollars for every new prospect (Not necessarily client) he brings to them.
Here’s a screenshot for some of the offers that would pay $600+ for every prospect you can bring them.
If this blogger brings one prospect a day, then every single day, he would be making 30 times what he paid you only once to write this article.
Isn’t That Insane?!
You are putting the hours writing one article in order to make a quick 20 or 30 bucks, and this guy is making more than that amount of money every single day because of the content you wrote!
You might ask yourself now,
How Can This Happen? This Is Unfair!
This is not about being fair or unfair, it is the way every single business operates, whether online businesses like blogs, or offline brick and mortar businesses like coffee houses, factories, big corporates, …etc.
It is done through two things:
First – Through The Use of Leverage, by letting others do the hardwork in a scalable way.
Second – Through Working on Achieving The Long-Term Goals, by being willing to pay others few bucks in advance, knowing that they will get back more money on the long run.
This is the difference between a business owner (like the website owner) and the full-time or part-time employee (like the content writer).
The employee wants a quick buck, and that’s why he/she will keep looking for new writing jobs to do everyday in order just to go through life, day by day.
While the business owner, like myself, understands that paying others to write for his/her website or blog, will mean risking some money in advance, but they will make back more money on the long run and will get ahead of his employees financially.
So, What Way of Making Money With Articles You Decide to Do?
Do you want to remain the one who works hard every day in order to make quick money that will allow you to just get by life, or do you want to be the one who invests for the long-term gains?
I know that you want to be the one who makes more money in the future and not the one who will keep working every single day in return of few bucks here and there.
But you might be saying to yourself,
But I Don’t Have The Money to Hire Writers!
That’s not a problem at all.
You don’t have to hire others to write for you since the start, you can begin by writing for yourself for free, and after a while, you will start reaping the rewards of your effort on consistent basis.
Just like planting a tree.
Remember that the website owner keeps getting affiliate commissions as long as people are visiting his website looking for what he recommends them to buy.
You have to choose between making few bucks now by working hard writing for others, or investing your hardwork for building your own business that would make you more money on consistent basis on the long run.
And you might say:
But I’m in an Urgent Need of Money?
Then Don’t Worry, I’ve Got You Covered!
The solution in this case is that you hustle your way to building your business by doing the following:
- Keep writing for others in order to make money for now, let’s say once every two or three days.
- At the same time, start creating content for your website, which you can monetize as others do by recommending useful products and services to people who need them, and if you stay consistent, the day might come when you get paid commissions like these:
Disclaimer: Again, remember that this is a long-term goal and you need to work on it for a while before you make these commissions.
It’s up to you to decide whether to keep writing for others in order to get a limited amount of money, forever, or start writing for yourself and watch your income grow month after month.
But I Don’t Know How to Build Websites!
And you won’t need to!
You can set up a simple WordPress website in 30 seconds without any coding or technical experience, at the place I will tell you about shortly.
You don’t need to know how to build websites.
You Need to Know How to Do The Following: (And I will guide you to learn it properly)
First: You need to choose a topic that you are interested in, in order to write a bout it.
This could be:
- Your hobby (Basketball, Tennis, Video Games, painting, singing, playing piano, …etc.).
- Your passion (Yoga, Meditation, Cooking, Veganism, …etc.).
- Your profession (Engineer, Artist, Translator, Teacher, …etc.).
- Skills that you have (video editing, graphic design, selling, how to jump higher for sports, …etc.).
- Or anything of interest to you.
Second: You need to find what people who are interested in the same topic are looking for and what they need help with, and write answers for them on your blog.
Just like the articles you used to write for others.
- If you blog about cooking, people might be looking for the best pressure cooker to buy, give them a list of 10 best pressure cookers to buy on Amazon under $50 (through your affiliate link).
- If you blog about Yoga, women might be looking for Yoga poses that help in weight loss, give them a list of good poses and recommend a video course for them to buy (through your affiliate link).
- You blog about electrical works, people might be looking for step-by-step instructions on how to measure or test cables, give them the guide and recommend the right tools and devices to use and where they can buy them (through your affiliate link).
And so on.
You need to match a need with an offer in order to help people and make money in the process, that’s affiliate marketing through writing article in a nutshell.
Sky is really the limit with making money through a blog, especially with affiliate marketing, because:
- You don’t have to create your own product.
- You don’t have to ship anything, the product seller will do.
- You don’t have to deal with customer support, refunds, returns and all of that, the merchant will do.
- With some products, like software programs and tools that you recommend (some video editing software or a membership course) that have recurring subscription, you can get paid a monthly commission for each single customer that keeps paying them every month!
And many other reasons that make affiliate marketing literally the best way of making passive income online.
Convinced and Want to Change YOUR Life for The Better?
If your answer is no, then you can go back and keep looking for daily writing jobs that would make you some quick bucks and make others long-term passive income.
But remember this quote from Tony Jenkins Jr.:
You can find these on places like: Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer, Guru, iWriter, Indeed and some other online freelancing platforms.
And if Your Answer Is YES, Then..
Here’s a guide on how to start with this method in few minutes from now, and get your first website up and running TODAY with NO technical knowledge or experience.
I will guide you to a place where you can find all the necessary:
- Step-by-step training on affiliate marketing, with weekly live webinars.
- State-of-the-art web hosting with premium support so that you don’t need to deal with the technical stuff.
- Keyword research tools that would help you find ideas for your content by knowing what people are looking.
- Affiliate programs research tools that would help you find good products to promote as an affiliate.
- And most important, an amazing community support (more than 2 million other affiliates and entrepreneurs) that are willing to help you in your journey.
All of that in one place in order to help you start your income generating blog where you write content for the long-term profits and not for the quick buck the comes fast and leaves fast.
So, ready to start?
You Can Start in 30 Seconds from Now! (And for FREE)
The place you need to go to in order to start your own online business is every affiliate marketer’s dream, and it is called Wealthy Affiliate, and you can join it through the following 3 steps:
Step 1: Go to Wealthy Affiliate
Step 2: Enter your email & name to start your FREE account! (No credit card required, 100% Risk FREE!).
Step 3: Start with your 10 FREE lessons and start building your business at the same time. (All tools provided for you).
P.S. You will receive a direct message from me once you are in, guiding you on how to start.
Looking forward to seeing you building your passive income generating business 🙂
WA Profile: https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/amjadjudeh
Start Here ==> Free Wealthy Affiliate Membership (No Credit Card Required!)
P.S. Again, it’s a completely risk-free platform & community to join. Yes, they have a paid plan for advanced training and tools, but you can stay with the free plan as long as you want or you can upgrade anytime you want in the future if you like it. No rush!
P.S. If you have any question or concern about making money writing articles online, please, leave it in the comments’ section below and I would be happy to answer you asap 🙂